About RACI: Personnel and Facilities
RACI is distinguished by its broad base of qualified experts with PhDs from the most prestigious European and American universities.
· Over 2500 experts with PhDs in diverse branches of knowledge
· Over 1250 researcher assistants and lab technicians
· Over 1500 lecturers and teaching assistants
· Over 2500 male and female postgraduate students
· An administrative staff of over 3200 employees
· 110 thousand male and female students
In providing its services, RACI employs the university’s resourceful infrastructure which includes academic faculties and their departments, research centers, state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries and information technology systems which include
· 18 colleges and faculties in various fields
· Over 100 academic departments
· Over 300 well-equipped laboratories
· A central library with an access to numerous international academic journals and databases
· A modern medical center quipped with the most up-to-date technology, 13 medical departments and a highly qualified medical team of over 100 members, as well as the capacity of 895 beds.
· Various deanships and support centers providing professional services as well as technical support such as the Deanship of Information Technology, the Distance Learning Deanship and the English Language Institute.
· A modern information technology infrastructure linking different sections and branches of the university to each other and to the World Wide Web.
· The university has 9 research centers specialized in different engineering, medical, scientific, and economic fields:
1- Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research
2- Center for Nanotechnology
3- Center of Excellence in Environmental Studies
4- Water Research Center
5- King Fahad Center for Medical Research
6- Research and Development Center
7- Islamic Economic Research Center
8- The Faculty of Arts and Humanities’ Research Center
9- The Center of Excellence in Desalination Technology
10- The Agricultural Research Station at Hada Asham
11- The Center of Excellence for Osteoporosis Research